Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spring and Summer plans

Ahhh Spring....


I still cannot believe it is here some days! Maybe that is because some days it is beautiful and others I am damn sure I should be wearing the Goose again. I haven't given in yet! As the days get longer and brighter I cannot help but feel full of energy.

I have a good many plans for spring and summer which I am just starting to plan out now which is fun and exciting. Some of my friends and I have started to get healthier ,eating more veggies and cutting out the processed foods. This is week one .. not going to lie this week has been a bit of a struggle. We are following a mashed up version of Joel Furhman's Eat to Live( the book we are reading)  It basically promotes lots of fruits and veggies and limited meat and dairy .... which for this carnivore is very hard. I was doing good until Wednesday when I realized I had two thawed pork chops in the fridge so I invited a friend for dinner and we ate those :P They were yummy too!

As side from eating healthier I am also trying to walk more and more which is good because a couple of my friends have dogs so we can go for walks with them. Last week my friend Jen and I went out on the ice with her dog Sophie ( who is adorable!) I also am starting back into my Wii workouts which I always had a blast with because it was fun.

One of my goals for this summer is to get my first DSLR camera and learn how to use it! My friend Jen has one and has learned a bit from fiddling around with it but wants to learn more and so do I . With the help of a good friend of mine Sarah she helped me decide on one camera and I will be getting a Cannon Rebel T3i!

Soon it will be time for me to start getting ready to go back to New Brunswick for vacation which is exciting! I don`t really have much planned at the moment other then a visit to my nephew`s class room to talk to his class about living in the North. I have started preparing what I am going to talk to them about and show them. I am going to make a slide show presentation of pictures for them and bring home my Wolf mittens to show them! As well as write all their names in Syllabic for them.

Once I come back from vacation I have decided to buy a Honda ( or as my New Brunswick friends call them 4- wheelers) it will make getting to the outskirts of town easier and I wont need to rely on friends to drive me  except in those very deep winter months when everything freezes to death. My friends Devi , Jen and I are going to go exploring in the Reversing Falls and Soaper river which is just outside of town but up a couple of very steep hills that really arnt the best for walking.

So far my spring and summer are shaping up to be very fun and eventful!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are planning ahead. I hope I will get to see you when you are home. That 4-wheeler will surely come in handy for you, Love the blogs so keep them coming. Glad you are back to eating healthy again. Thus far, I have lost 65 lbs. and I'm still working on it. I eat everything but in moderation. That way I don't crave anything and blow it with a binge. I can't wait to get out and bbq. Take care. Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeka,
    So good to hear a wonderful report of plans for seasons to come. I hope trip to St Andrews is in the agenda. It's sounds like you have made some wonderful friends.
    Spring in NB is always a great time of year, seeing the green starting to peak out, promise of new life.
    Sunday our youngest grandson Joshua is being dedicated. (9 months old already) Then next week Apr 21-28 I leave on a FAM trip to Seattle, Portland. I've been there before, but it was 4 or 5 yrs ago, We now have a new hotel in Portland, The RiverPlace and all the other properties have been renovated. Looking forward to it.

    Lynda, great job in the loss of 65 lbs, and Jeka keep on keeping on. Seems like our whole lives we struggle with the shedding of unwanted poundage... I have gradually lost 50 lbs over the years at VAS, sitting at another plateau, wavering up and down 5 lb or so.
    Thanks again for another installment in Jeka of Nunavut.
    Have a great trip and hope to see you soon.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete